Building Access Notice (6/17/2016): Current construction in the area of the Student Health Services Building may temporarily impede access to our front entrance. During the Volunteer Blvd. Streetscape construction project, the ambulance ramp at the east side of the building on Pat Head Summitt St. will serve as a mobility disability accessible entrance to the building. A gravel path to the front entrance is otherwise available for those needing to enter the building.
The Student Counseling Center is the university’s primary facility for personal counseling, psycho-therapy, and psychological outreach and consultation services. Our mission is to promote the psychological, educational, and social well-being of the student of the University of Tennessee and to help prepare them to be productive members of society. We provide a variety of services for students, faculty, and staff.
Services for Students
- Drop-in intake/crisis intervention
- Group, individual, and couples counseling
- Referrals to on- and off-campus mental health services
Services for Faculty and Staff
- Referrals to off-campus mental health services
- Outreach and consultations—we provide presentations, guest lectures, and workshops to students, faculty, and staff upon request.
NOTE: E-mail cannot be used to initiate therapeutic conversations. The Counseling Center does not communicate confidential information by e-mail. E-mail is only used for scheduling purposes. If you are in an emergency situation please call the center or stop by.