The Student Counseling Center is the university’s primary facility for personal counseling, psycho-therapy, and psychological outreach and consultation services. Our mission is to promote the psychological, educational, and social well-being of the student of the University of Tennessee and to help prepare them to be productive members of society. We provide a variety of services for students, faculty, and staff.
Services for Students
- Brief Consultation Session
- Individual, Couples, Group Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Crisis Services
- Feel Better Fast/ Stress Management Clinic
- Psychiatric Services
- Psychoeducational Workshops and Consultations
- Referrals to on- and off-campus mental health services
Services for Faculty and Staff
- Referrals to off-campus mental health services
- Outreach and consultations—we provide presentations, guest lectures, and workshops to students, faculty, and staff upon request.
NOTE: E-mail cannot be used to initiate therapeutic conversations. The Counseling Center does not communicate confidential information by e-mail. E-mail is only used for scheduling purposes. If you are in an emergency situation please call the center or stop by.