The UT Student Counseling Center is committed to reaching out to all UT students, faculty and staff. We work together with a variety of campus departments, offices and organizations to address the mental health needs of the entire campus community. This is done in a variety of ways including:
- Providing psycho-educational presentations on topics such as QPR Suicide Prevention, working with distressed students, accessing Student Counseling Center services, and coping in stressful situations
- Creating and offering stress and wellness workshops on topics such as assertiveness, time management, and self-care for well being
- Providing community support for University events such as university wellness fairs, Welcome Week, Take Back the Night, and Parent’s Weekend
- Forming liaison relationships with other campus departments such as Housing, Athletics, and Greek Life in order to better meet students’ mental health and/or wellness needs,
- Working on Campus committees such as the LGBT Commission, VolAware, and the Student Affairs Diversity Committee
If you wish to request a counselor please fill out our Community Intervention Request form.