From January 7 through January 18, 2019, most of our staff is participating in internship interviews. We will have drop-in appointments every day, but not as many as usual. Our front desk staff will accommodate your needs to the best of our ability during this time; please consult them if you have a scheduling concern.
Thank you for understanding.
The Student Counseling Center is the university’s primary facility for personal counseling, psychotherapy, and mental health outreach and consultation services. Our mission is to promote the psychological, educational, and social well-being of the students of the University of Tennessee and to help prepare them to be productive members of society. We provide a variety of services for students, faculty, and staff.
Services for Students
- Brief Consultation Session
- Individual, Couples, Group Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Crisis Services
- Psychiatric Services
- Psychoeducational Workshops and Consultations
- Referrals to on- and off-campus mental health services
- TAO Self-Help
Services for Faculty and Staff
- Referrals to off-campus mental health services
- Outreach and consultations—we provide presentations, guest lectures, and workshops to students, faculty, and staff upon request.
NOTE: E-mail cannot be used to initiate therapeutic conversations. The Counseling Center does not communicate confidential information by e-mail. E-mail is only used for scheduling purposes. If you are in an emergency situation please call the center or stop by.