The Student Counseling Center is the university’s primary facility for personal counseling, psychotherapy, and mental health outreach and consultation services. Our mission is to promote the psychological, educational, and social well-being of the students of the University of Tennessee and to help prepare them to be productive members of society. We provide a variety of services for students, faculty, and staff.
Services for Students
- Brief Consultation Session
- Individual, Couples, Group Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Crisis Services
- Psychiatric Services
- Psychoeducational Workshops and Consultations
- Referrals to on- and off-campus mental health services
- TAO Self-Help
Services for Faculty and Staff
- Referrals to off-campus mental health services
- Outreach and consultations—we provide presentations, guest lectures, and workshops to students, faculty, and staff upon request.
Our hearts are heavy today with the news of yet another mass shooting that comes even as we continue to process the shooting deaths of 12 Jewish neighbors in Pittsburgh less than two weeks ago. This latest shooting occurred in Thousand Oaks, CA in a dance hall that accommodates young adults and college students like those in our own community here at UT. Please join with us in acknowledging these further losses to our larger community, reach out to your family, friends and neighbors to offer support, and know that the staff of the Student Counseling Center are here for you if you need our support during these times.
NOTE: E-mail cannot be used to initiate therapeutic conversations. The Counseling Center does not communicate confidential information by e-mail. E-mail is only used for scheduling purposes. If you are in an emergency situation please call the center or stop by.