In cases of an immediate threat of harm to self or others, please dial 911 for emergency response, on or off-campus.
UT 24-Hour Helpline
(865) 974-HELP (4357)
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Phone: 1-800-273-8255 or 1-800-SUICIDE
Crisis Text Line
Text CONNECT or HOME to 741741
Through the Live Safe App – choose Emergency Options.
Distressed Faculty and Staff – Call 946-CARE (865-946-2273) if you need help for yourself and don’t know where to start or to share your concern for other faculty/staff.
If you have an urgent need to be seen or are in crisis, call us and ask about the best time to come in that day. You can also come by the office between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. when we have staff available to see drop-in appointments.
Here are some common reasons a student might seek an urgent care appointment:
- Not feeling safe from self (thoughts of suicide or self-harm) or others
- You have recently been sexually assaulted
- Someone close to you has died in recent weeks
- You have not slept in three or more days
- There is a significant event happening in the next few days you need to make a decision about (such as needing to withdraw from school by a certain deadline)
Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1
Text HELP to 838255
Call the Trevor Lifeline 1-866-488-7386
Text TREVOR to 678678
Or Live Chat: https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help-now/
Interpersonal /Domestic Violence
Call 1-800-799-7233 (SAFE)
Live Chat: https://www.thehotline.org/
Sexual Assault Center of East Tennessee 865-522-7273
National Sexual Assault Hotline (RAINN): 800-868-4673 (HOPE)
RAINN Live Chat: https://www.rainn.org/