Fall 2020 update: The SCC is online and available! All requests for outreach/community intervention will be considered requests for “Zoom meetings.” Due to the demand for clinical services, we may need to limit how many programs we can provide in a given period of time.
Notice: Due to high clinical demand, the staff at the counseling center will not be able to fulfill requests for any interviews for class assignments. We also may not be able to meet requests made with less than 2 weeks notice, or at the end of the semester.
The UT Student Counseling Center is committed to reaching out to all UT students, faculty and staff. We work together with a variety of campus departments, offices and organizations to address the mental health needs of the entire campus community. This is done in a variety of ways including:
- Providing psycho-educational presentations on topics such as QPR Suicide Prevention, working with distressed students, accessing Student Counseling Center services, and coping in stressful situations.
- Creating and offering stress and wellness workshops on topics such as assertiveness, time management, and self-care for well being.
- Providing community support for University events such as university wellness fairs, Welcome Week, Take Back the Night, and Parent’s Weekend.
- Forming relationships with other campus departments such as Housing, Athletics, and Greek Life in order to better meet students’ mental health and/or wellness needs.
- Working on campus committees such as the Commission for LGBT People, VolWell, and the Student Affairs Diversity Committee.