Notice: Due to high clinical demand, the staff at the counseling center will not be able to fulfill requests for any interviews for class assignments.
The UT Student Counseling Center is committed to connecting to the campus community. We work together with a variety of campus departments, offices and organizations to address the mental health needs of the campus community. This is done in a variety of ways including:
- Providing psycho-educational presentations on topics such as QPR Suicide Prevention, working with distressed students, accessing Student Counseling Center services, and coping in stressful situations.
- Creating and offering stress and wellness workshops on topics such as assertiveness, time management, and self-care for well being.
- Providing community support for university events such as university wellness fairs, Welcome Week, Take Back the Night, and Parent’s Weekend.
- Forming liaison relationships with other campus departments such as Housing, Athletics, Veterans Resource Center, and Greek Life in order to better meet students’ mental health and/or wellness needs.
- Working on Campus committees such as the LGBT Commission, VolWell, and the Student Affairs Diversity Committee.
If you wish to request a program, please fill out our Community Outreach Request form.