Skip to content Skip to main navigation Report an accessibility issue

Resources for Faculty and Staff

Are you concerned about a student?

Thank you for all you do for students. You are often the front line when a student is in distress and knowing how to connect them to help is important.

865-974-HELP (4357).  This line is answered 24/7/365.  When you have a student with you, you can call for them and give them the phone, or stay with them as they call.  If you want to let the Dean of Students office know about a student in distress, you can call at any time and they will reach out to the student the next business day. You can also complete a referral form online if you prefer.

911 or UTPD (865-974-3111).  If a student reports an immediate threat to their own health or reports intent to harm another person or act out violently, call 911 immediately.  This would include a student who reports they have taken steps toward ending their life or intends to do so.

Dean of Students office can also assist students experiencing food or housing insecurity or other emergency care needs.


Are you seeking help or services for yourself?

UT has a range of services available for faculty and staff!  The Employee Assistance Program is a confidential resource available to all benefits-eligible UT employees.  Contact Here4TN by phone or visit the website: 1-855-Here4TN (1-855-437-3486) or to get started. There are several services available through the EAP — personal counseling, work-life support, and substance abuse services. 

You can also use your insurance benefits to book appointments directly with a therapist of your choice. If you have not done this before, this page can provide direction.